Thursday, January 26, 2012

Art

I'm going to be painting our bedroom in a few weeks and there's this art work that I wanted to copy. They're about $529 a piece at Ethan Allen. I made two of these for only $30. Each frame was purchased at Michaels with a 40% coupon - $11 each. The scrapbook lace paper I used was $1.99 a sheet, using 4 total - $8.

The art I was trying to imitate is made of handmade paper. I found a place that sells it by the roll, but they've been sold out for a while. I decided to try and imitate it with scrapbook paper instead.

Click HERE to see the Ethan Allen art...

Here is a picture of mine. I made two of them to hang over our nightstands. With a Charcoal Grey wall... the eggplant/white art and all our white furniture... I'm excited to get it finished and post pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment